On this page you can find ongoing tenders the Association has launched, as well as eventual future tenders foreseen to carry out our activities. For any further information about our tenders, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently, there are no tenders foreseen
Execution of Network Studies
This tender addresses the following activities:
- Definition and implementation of a methodology agreed upon by all TSOs to adjust national network models letting them meet the target reference configuration of the Mediterranean Power system, as expected by 2040 time horizon
- Undertake Network Studies on the Mediterranean transmission grids through continuous load-flow calculations, including the calculation of reinforcement and costs of thermal losses. These calculations will be performed based on a regional perimeter network analysis, to be defined between the contracted External Expert (EE) and Technical Committee Planning. For a more efficient work coordination, these calculations will be performed by the selected EE with the support of Med-TSO resources (members of TC Planning and Regional Groups West and East of Med-TSO together with the technical secretariat), avoiding separate efforts by individual TSOs.
- Ensure a full transfer of the methodologies, scripts, models and automation files after a full training of the TSOs experts, thus allowing Med-TSO to internalize this task in the future.
1. Task Force E-Highway project
Scope of work of the expert
For the preparation of scenarios for 2040 and beyond, Med-TSO wishes to strengthen its knowledge with the support of a Consultancy Service which should focus on the following area:
• Electric mobility development and impact in term of energy & peak demand
• Power-to-gas (focus on hydrogen production)
• Other new electrification (e.g. desalinization, data-center, industries, etc.)
• Economy Demography Industry and Energy efficiency improvement
• Development of new storage technologies, with prices projection evolution
To manage this activity, Technical Committee Economic Studies and Scenarios has set up the e-highway Steering Committee (SC) which will be the consultant direct contact.
For each of the theme to be addressed, the Service will include 2 phases:
• a main phase based on a literature review completed with interviews of national concerned institutions;
• a second optional phase for elaborating a practical support on quantitative data for scenario population, which could be expressed as a set of ranges for driving the development of new scenarios.
2. Monitoring and Implementation of the Guidelines for the Mediterranean Grid Codes
The objective of the Tender is to propose the Grid Code Guidelines for the key areas of convergence among the involved power systems, namely to improve the integration of Med-TSO Members. Such Guidelines should be focused on the key areas to be identified through a survey and should also include the results of the previous work carried out by Med-TSO in previous projects for developing a common approach to the grid code.
3. MED-TSO web-based database (DBMED) Evolution
The Objective of the Tender is to implement an updated version of the Mediterranean Database in order to fit the new needs of the Association. The selected service provider will be supplied with the code of DBMED in its actual version in order for him to decide the best way to use it.
You may refer to the DBMED overview report https://www.med-tso.com/publications/DBMED_Overview.pdf for a better understanding of the actual capabilities of DBMED.
4. Execution of Network Studies and the assessment of the reinforcement on the Mediterranean transmission grids
The activities addressed by this tender refer to the undertaking of Network Studies on the Mediterranean transmission grids, to be carried out by load-flow calculations, including the calculation of thermal losses.
5. Tailor-made trainings for MED-TSO representatives about “Benefit and measures for international power exchanges”
As part of its Knowledge Sharing program, Med-TSO is soliciting proposals for the organization of tailor-made online courses, dedicated to Med-TSO representatives, aiming at building some common ground that could help in the ongoing discussion at national level, regional level and multi-regional level about the opportunities and framework needed to increase power exchanges between interconnected countries.
6. Modelling training and supports to perform probabilistic adequacy simulations
Med-TSO plans to perform adequacy studies to assess if expected (or planned) availability of supply and transmission infrastructure are sufficient to ensure adequacy. A probabilistic Monte Carlo with Unit Commitment Economic Dispatch (UCED) model is planned to be used, ensuring inter zonal and inter temporal correlation of model variables and considering specificities of assessed geographical perimeter. In particular, the methodology shall follow a Monte Carlo approach to reflect the variability of weather, as well as the randomness of supply and transmission outages.
7. Benchmarking and proposal of minimum requirements for the proper functioning of Maghreb electricity exchange zone and the development of trade platform
The purpose of the call for tender is to define and assess different options to allow trading of electricity between the countries within the Maghreb Area. The expert should present different alternative proposals to achieve an effective increase and improvement of electricity exchanges between the Maghreb countries. For each solution, the definition of minimum requirements, from technical, operational and regulatory points of view, will be provided.
8. Proposal for a tentative Road Map to increase electricity exchanges in the Med Eastern zone. Definition of Requirements and Operational Agreements
The purpose of the call for tender is to define a roadmap for the implementation and assessment of different options to allow trading of electricity between different countries in the Eastern Mediterranean Zone and to design the relevant minimum requirements and cooperation principles. The expert should present different alternative proposals in order to achieve the main objective to have effective improvements of electricity exchanges between Mashreq electricity systems. For each solution it is required the definition of the minimum requirements, from technical, operational and regulatory point of view.
9. Media Agency
Med-TSO launched a tender to select a Media Agency to support the Secretariat staff in managing the communication activities related to the just started project “Teasimed 2”.
The activities to be carried out by the selected Media Agency are a relevant part of the communication strategy of the TEASIMED 2 Project, with the final objective to increase the visibility of the Project and of Med-TSO Association itself and the visibility at country/regional, and to promote and gain support for the Project among Institutional Stakeholders.