Athens, Greece – November 15, 2023
Med-TSO’s last General Assembly of the year convened, uniting leading figures from the Mediterranean transmission systems operators. The Assembly navigated critical aspects integral to Med-TSO’s strategy, including financial reports, strategic planning discussions, and membership updates. While much of the agenda involved sensitive topics, the standout moment was the election of new leadership, solidifying Med-TSO’s future trajectory.
Election of New Vice Presidents
With the recent election of Mrs Sabah Mashaly as President of the Association and several expiring mandates, five candidates were elected as Vice Presidents of the Association for a three-year mandate:
- Ramón Granadino Goenechea, Director of Investment Projects and Transmission Management, Red Eléctrica de España. His continued leadership in investment projects fortifies Med-TSO’s strategic vision.
- Guido Guida, Head of International Institutional Affairs, TERNA, Italy. Guida’s ongoing contributions to international institutional affairs sustain Med-TSO’s objectives.
- Mohamed Lakhdar Habib, Director of Economic Studies, Sonelgaz, has been involved in Med-TSO activities since the beginning and is the former Vice President of our Technical Committee Economic Studies and Scenarios. His deep understanding of economic studies in the energy sector aligns closely with Med-TSO’s strategic direction.
- Vincent Thouvenin, Executive Secretary General for European Affairs, RTE France. With his vast expertise in European energy affairs, he will enrich Med-TSO’s international collaborations and perspectives.
- Ioannis Tolias, Director of the International Relations Department, IPTO Greece. With his extensive international relations background, he can reinforce Med-TSO’s global engagements and collaborations.
We would also like to thank IPTO and its Chairman and CEO, Mr. Manos Manousakis, for hosting the General Assembly in Athens. In his opening speech, Mr. Manousakis underscored the urgent need for stronger cooperation among Mediterranean countries to harness the immense RES potential in the region. His vision of the Mediterranean’s pivotal role in the green transition resonates deeply with our collective mission, echoing our commitment to fostering collaboration for a sustainable energy future.