Mediterranean Project 1 (2015 - 2018)
From February 2015 to January 2018, Med-TSO carried out the “Mediterranean Project”, co-funded by the European Union and based on multilateral cooperation as a strategical approach to regional development for facilitating the integration of the Mediterranean Power Systems. The results achieved in the frame of this project set the base for the Mediterranean Project 2.
The Mediterranean Project aimed at the progressive harmonization and strengthening of the electricity markets in the Mediterranean region, following a bottom-up approach and direct involvement of Med-TSO Members, through five activity lines: Rules, Infrastructure, International Electricity Exchanges, Knowledge Sharing, Med-TSO Database.
The work of our Technical Committees on these activity lines brought to the realization of the following deliverables.
TOWARDS A MEDITERRANEAN GRID CODE
- Starting Regulatory Framework (SRF): Compendium and Summary of relevant codes/regulations/contracts and practices, both existing and short-term expected, in Med-TSO systems
- Proposal of a Common Target Regulatory Framework (CTRF) for all the Mediterranean electricity systems
- Proposal of a Common Tentative Road Map (CTRM) for adoption and compliance with the proposed Common Target Regulatory Framework
- Models of rules (Procedures/Contracts)
GUIDELINES FOR COORDINATED PLANNING OF INFRASTRUCTURES IN THE MEDITERRANEAN REGION
THE MEDITERRANEAN MASTERPLAN: REFERENCE ENERGY SCENARIOS AND PROJECTS ASSESSMENT
- Mediterranean Master Plan of interconnections (detailed projects descriptions inside)
- Description of the Reference Energy Scenarios
- Euro-Mediterranean Market Model for the evaluation of the impact of basic scenarios and expected energy flows on the Euro-Mediterranean Electricity Grid. Complementarities of the load curves (daily and seasonal), around the Mediterranean and within sub-regional groupings
- Proposal of a CBA Methodology for transmission projects assessment
- Results of complete CBA Methodology and assessment for interconnections case studies
- Guidelines of interconnections cost allocation for the integration of the Mediterranean Electricity System, and related operational procedures
- Relevant Grid Map